Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
Reports to:Creative Director
The Art Director tracks creative initiatives from start to finish, guiding a cross-functional creative team in the conception, design and execution of visual materials in both digital and print. This is a hands-on role, the Art Director will roll up their sleeves and dig in to the latest design software to deliver impactful media, and set the bar for a skilled team of creatives. We’re looking for a diverse skill set that will compliment our environmental branding initiatives as well as digital signage solutions, with a detailed focus on web, animation, and video, with print being a major component. They are a great communicator, in every aspect — and able to pitch the work produced. They should know the ins and outs of the latest marketing and creative trends, identifying where the company or clients can implement new initiatives. Working closely with marketing, business development, sales, and our clients, the Art Director will utilize a background with detailed organizational skills to manage many initiatives at once.
- Eight to ten years of industry experience
- A portfolio that includes a balance of strategic and beautiful work, featuring prowess in corporate branding, video, animation, typography, conceptual thinking and an eye for varying styles
- Proficiency of appropriate design software, 3D and DOOH an added bonus
- Intermediate understanding of HTML5, CSS3, and various CMS (WordPress)
- Excellent time and calendar management skills
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and pressured environment while remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
Because an art director works so closely with a variety of employees, it’s crucial that they possess top-notch communication, collaboration, problem-solving and project-management skills. These key soft skills help art directors manage time and resources efficiently while inspiring originality and creative thinking in the process. At least eight years of design-related work is required, as well as experience leading a team with a range of creative positions, such as photographers, illustrators, designers, copywriters, production artists and more. Stellar candidates have a strong knowledge of creative tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects, with intermediate understanding of coding for digital projects.
- Directs and develops the creative design and execution of visual communications.
- Creates, generates and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated multimedia programs.
- Provides design standards, tools, and guidance on communicating corporate image and identity.
- Manages the art for production of all products.
- Partners with Marketing to design and implement web pages and emails.
- Drive collaboration within the Creative team.
- Workflow/Project Management.
- 401k Retirement Plan, with an annual employer contribution
- Paid Time Off (after 90 days)
- Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (for yourself)
- Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
At Northeast Color, we are focused on helping franchises achieve success through strategic brand identity asset development and manufacturing, accompanied by a flexible and accommodating approach to customer service.
Northeast Color has advanced printing and light-manufacturing capabilities, and continues to innovate and improve interior decor products for the franchise industry. Our mission is to continue to take care of our customers and employees, and continue to innovate and bring new products to market.
At Northeast Color, we enjoy working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. We value the talent, experience, and unique ideas that our staff members bring to the table. We look for those who not only have the right skills and experience to succeed in a particular role, but also those who are eager to learn and grow with us.
If you’re interested in working with a company that appreciates the effort and enthusiasm put forth by its employees, we’re interested in hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type:On-site, Full-time
Location: Dover, NH
Salary:$75,000 – $85,000 + Profit Sharing